Saturday, November 04, 2006

Kaitlyn's Teeth Surgery

Kaitlyn had been having some teeth that were hurting her, and since there was so much to be done (two teeth pulled out and spacers put in their place, three caps and baby root canals, fill two other cavities, and some other stuff) the dentist conviced me that it would be best to have her put to sleep. Monday was the big day. She couldn't eat after midnight Sunday night, and her surgery didn't end up starting untill about 2:00 in the afternoon. So that was a long day. She was very brave, but the medicine that they gave her into the IV when the surgery was over so she wouldn't feel pain when she woke up did not go into her vein because the IV was not in the vein. Needless to say she was in alot of pain when they brought her to me. THe nurses said it was normal for her to ack like that coming out of anestisia, but was telling me that her arm hurt and her teeth hurt. finally I asked a nurse if we could get the IV out and go home. When she went to take it out she realized that Kaitlyn's arm was all swollen and that the IV had not been going into a vein. Anyway, she is just fine now, but it was a very long day for us.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I'm glad your surgery is all over now Kaitlyn. I was thinking that I would like to be put to sleep next time I have to go to the dentist, but now I'm not so sure. You are one brave little girl!! We love you!