Sunday, March 04, 2007

Our trip to "The Cradle of Liberty"

WE got back late Wednesday from our trip to Washington DC. We had a very worthwhile and fun time. Thank you to my parents and Garrick's parents for keeping our kids!! I don't have a lot of great pictures because on the first day after we had been to Mt Vernon, I dropped my camera! I was so sad, because I love my camera. Anyway, we were able to get it working again, but not till we got back home. We did buy a disposable camera and our friends said they would burn us a CD with all their pictures.


This is the Capital building. We got a tour of this building by one of Senator Hatch's Aids. We passed Barac Obahma on the stairs and Senator Joe Liberman coming off the Senate Metro. Unfortunately when we were in the Senate there was absolutely nothing going on.


"First in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen"



Mt. Vernon is George Washington's home. They have a new museum and learning center since the last time we were there. He was a very ingenious farmer and actually exported wheat to Portugal. The more I learn about the way he led his armies and the tactics he used and the credit he gave to the Lord for any success he had, the more he reminds me of Captain Moroni.


The Supreme Court. We did not get to hear a case, but we did get to sit in the courtroom, and hear a lecture.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie and Eric said...

It looks like you guys had a great time and learned a lot. I can't wait to go back to D.C. sometime soon. Thanks for sharing! Also I am so glad that you got tickets to come visit us.