Sunday, January 18, 2009

Temple Square December 20, 2008

While we were in Salt Lake after the Richard's Party, we went to see the lights at Temple Square. Everything was so beautiful!


Rachel, Jenn, and Kyle (Kyle tries so hard not to smile, must be a guy thing)




After we watched the Nativity outside, we came inside the visitor's center to warm up. Kyle went directly for the escalators. Kaitlyn really wanted to go up the ramp to see the Christus. SO we all went up. Just as we got to the top, Kyle said he needed to go to the bathroom. We asked a sister missionary where the closest restroom was. She said that we needed to go back down the ramp. As soon as she said that, Kyle took off. I followed after him, but not quick enough. When I got to the bottom of the ramp, I couldn't see him. I waited outside the restroom, hoping that's where he had ended up. A few minutes later he did come out. His hair was all wet. He saw me and asked if his hair looked better (he had no clue I was worried). I said it looked great as he took off up the ramp again. I followed. There were so many people, and I didn't want him to get lost. When we got to the top of the ramp, the rest of our family had left, so we went back down and found them. When we were getting ready to go back outside, I reminded my children that we needed to stay together, because there were so many people around. If someone did get separated where would be a good place to meet? Kyle didn't hesitate, "We can meet on the escalators if we get lost." Well, everyone laughed knowing that was Kyles favorite place, and understanding that Kyle could get lost if he wanted to.

Fortunately, no one had to go back to the escalators that night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: