Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hanging out with the girls

Tonight Garrick and Kyle went to the Jazz game. (I just watched the end and the Jazz beat the Spurs by 4!) Anyway, after we got the calves fed, I asked my girls if they wanted to go eat at Big J's or get ice cream at Caspers. None of them had any interest. I was a little surprised thinking I was being so nice to offer to do something special. I asked them what it was they wanted to do. Rachel said, " I was just hoping we could just hang out with you and do stuff Kyle and Dad don't like to do." I'm glad she wants to "hang out" with me. Kaitlyn had been begging me all day to paint a board. (Kyle had painted a board for a school project.) I kept putting her off, but tonight she and Hannah painted a 2X4. And guess what they gave it to me. Now I just have to find something to do with it. We practiced Rachel's spelling words and Multiplication tables, made brownies, and got the girls in the bath. I know that might not sound as fun as going to the Jazz game, but I didn't wish for one second that I was anywhere else.

3 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

I think a girls night sounds like fun. It really doesn't take much to make kids happy does it. What are you going to with the board? Hope you are having a great day.

Jenn and Brandon said...

I wish I could have had a girls night out too. Yogi isn't too into "girl stuff." I sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. We should have a girls night out. . .

Emily said...

Wow! I want to go have a girls night out too.