Friday, May 08, 2009

Talking Trevor



Well, I always love to read other people's blogs about all the cute things their kids say. I think to myself, "I know my kids say funny things all the time too, but when I sit down to write about it I forget what they said." SO Rachel started writing notes on a paper we kept on the fridge. It didn't take long to have a collection. Trevor makes all laugh all the time.




  • I was making some kind of casserole for dinner. Trevor said, "There salad in it?" I said, "no." He said, "That too bad." (He doesn't even like salad.)


  • I was getting ready to go to the temple. Trevor said, "I go with you temple?" I said, "sorry buddy little kids can't go inside the temple. You get to stay here with Rachel and the other kids!" Trevor says, "You hate me."


  • Garrick was leaving to go to a meeting. Trevor said, "You goin to pick up Abby for me dad?" Abbey is a little girl in Trevor's nursery. He keeps saying "I have friend over today?" I guess I should let him have a friend over one of these days.


  • Most every morning Trevor will get up, eat breakfast, get dressed (actually he's not usually dressed when he says this)- "OK, Bye Mom. I go help dad. Him needs me." I'm glad he still tells me before he just walks out the door. I can usually stall him long enough till I get the kids on the bus, and get myself and him ready to go out and help feed calves. By that time Garrick is usually about done. But I think he likes us to come say "hi" even when we aren't much help.


  • "Somebody hold me." Kaitlyn comes to offer to hold him. "No a BIG somebody hold me."


  • Trevor always builds gates in our living room and kitchen and in the entry way and in the hallway. The blocks and the little fences and the VHS tapes are not as annoying as the chairs he sets up to block our paths between any room. I usually put up with it very nicely, but one night in particular I was tired of having to step over all the obstacles. Garrick was frustrated too. We were kneeling down to say prayers, and we look at Trevor almost in tears, "Allbody hates my gates." I just said, "Yes Trevor tonight we all hate your gates. But we love you."


  • When he wakes up from a nap, and I actually took the time to pick up his gates. "Whobody pick up my gates?"


  • He loves to stand in the barn and "help" Garrick milk. When Garrick lets the cows out, Trevor yells, "Good bye cows. Get out a here." When Garrick is bringing in the cows, "Trevor is in the parlor yelling at the cows to move forward.

5 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

What a funny boy! Super cute.

Robert Hall said...

what a crackup! I'm going to start using Whobody in my vocabulary.

Emily said...

Oh my! Trevor is such a funny little boy!

Mrs. Mike said...

Those are so funny! I love the "allbody" and "whobody."

Angie said...

Good idea keeping track! So cute! Congrats on another boy. I love boys!