Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 23rd- Rachel's 11th Birthday

So Rachel is 11!! We did some fun things this week, but didn't get pictures of much of it.
-On Tuesday, Rachel spent some time at her best friend Robin's house. I know they jumped on the tramp with the sprinkler, and played some kind of American Idol game with the hose for the microphone. When I picked Rachel up she said, "Mom, that was the funnest time I've had all summer." I responded, "Wow, Rachel what were you doing there?" She said, "I don't know, whenever Robin and I get together, we mostly just laugh allot!" Note to self: It doesn't take much for kids to have a great time!

-Wednesday, Rachel and I went to the Beadles Bead Shop in Logan to learn to make a Watch Bracelet. This was one thing Rachel really wanted for her birthday, so we made it a date. Rachel picked out the beads, and the lady helped her decide how it would all fit on the bracelet. Then she showed her how to put it all together. It was great to have one on one help like that. And Rachel did a great job. The lady said that age 11 is the perfect age to learn to do this kind of stuff. I guess I'm a little past my prime beading age. In fact the only time I tried to help Rachel, I let go of one end and dropped most of the beads of the string! Rachel was very patient about it, and I didn't offer to help again!
After the watch was finished, we went to IHop and shared a Banana Macedonian Nut Pancake Breakfast for lunch!

-Thursday (her actual Birthday!), Grandma and Courtney came and brought her presents to open. Rachel had been shopping with Grandma the week before, and was so excited about the things she had picked out. She was really in style with the new clothes and shoes!

That evening my parents came to Lewiston for my cousin's wedding reception. So we had them come for dinner. Rachel wanted new potatoes and peas, steak, and some of Robbie's famous orange jello salad. Then we went to the reception where they served Ice Cream Sundaes. After the reception Jason lit off some fireworks special for Rachel's Birthday! All in all, I think she had a pretty good birthday week.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: