Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 24th Camping Trip

We have been looking forward to this little camping trip for a long time. Sometime last year Jenn and Brandon talked CeCille into reserving a spot at Willow Flats (about 1/2 hour from our house) for the 24th of July. Jenn and Brandon took our kids camping last summer, so our kids have been looking forward to this all summer. Garrick had to milk the next morning, so he had a good excuse to go home and sleep in his own bed. I had a pretty good excuse too (seven months pregnant), but I knew Trevor would not want to come home with me, and he did not want me to leave without him either. I will admit I did not sleep well at all, but the kids all slept great!

Trevor spent a big chunk of his time playing in the dirt with his skidsteer. When I first got up there, he said, "I wish I brought my skidsteer." I was so happy to reprt that I had brought his skidsteer, and boy was he happy.

Brandon took the kids fishing. Kyle especially enjoyed the fishing. When we got home on Saturday, he said that was way too short of a camping trip. "We weren't even ther 24 hours- Next time we go camping we need to stay two nights."

We celebrated Rachel's 11th birthday while we were camping. Garrick called her name in to the radio station on her birthday. SHe won the drawing! SHe won several prizes including a Birthday Cake from Shaeffer HOuse BAkery. I was most excited about that, because I wouldn't have to heat up my house to bake the cake, and the cake would be cute!

Jenn and Brandon gave her the Game of Life. On Saturday, after camping and getting cleaned up Jenn and Brandon played the game with the kids for a couple hours. The kids had so much fun! I played with them on Sunday afternoon, but it just wasn't the same as when Jenn and Brandon were here.


We had smores and sang songs around the campfire!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn and Brandon said...

That was so fun! I can't wait to go back next year...and I think I'll be in charge of bringing tin foil dinners for Grandma and Grandpa (who are we kidding? He won't be there next year.).