Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Baby Boy!



Casen was born Friday, September 18th. Garrick had been gone to New York Monday through Thursday for some Farm Bureau Training. My Mom came to stay with us for the week. It was so nice to have her here. She helped me get ready for the baby, took me to get a pedicure, and made the week go so much faster than it would have otherwise gone. It was good to know she was here to take me to the hospital if I did go into labor.
Anyway, Garrick got home late Thursday night. I had a doctor's appointment Friday at 11 am. The doctor checked me (dialated to a 2) and stripped my membranes. I left the doctors office at 11:30 and drove home. I started having contractions about 12:30 and told Garrick he better hurry and get ready to take me to the hospital. He was just sitting down to eat his lunch, but decided he better take me seriously and went to feed the cows and then get in the shower. He had me at the hospital about an hour later. Casen was born at 4:22pm, and Garrick stayed long enough to help give Casen his first bath, but then hurried home to milk the cows. All in all, the timing couldn't have been much better. When the chores were done, Garrick and his parents brought the kids to the hospital to see Mom and Baby.
I came home the next day, Saturday.

Grandma helped the girls make a sign for our window.

This picture was taken when Casen was 1 day old.

4:22 on Saturday




My parents, Joelle, and my Grandma Andersen came Sunday evening to see Casen.


Courtney came by too.



My girls tell me quite often how it would have been better to have twins, one baby just isn't enough when they all need a baby to hold. They don't understand that one baby is plenty for mom to hold at night when they are all asleep, and during the day when they are all at school. SO we have baby dolls instead, Hannah's baby Annabell even makes bay sounds and there have been a few times when I thought she (baby Annabell) was him (baby Casen.)
These are a few pictures we took trying to get a good one for the baby announcement.







5 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

He is such a doll! I can't tell who he looks like yet. Maybe I can tell better when I see him in person.

Katie and Eric said...

So cute! I love all of the pictures.

Krista Payne said...

What a cutie! Congrats!!

The Pollards said...

I love those pictures of Casen. What a hansome baby boy! We sure love him!

Tammi Pollard said...

What a cute baby!!! and I lvoe the name. It was so fun to get to know you guys, what a cute family you have, Jaymie would like to stay in touch with your girls. Tammi