Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Miss Rachel and Kaitlyn

Rachel and Kaitlyn are at my mom's house for the week. I know that they are not missing us yet, but I do miss them. Hannah does too. Yesterday morning Hannah woke up crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I want Rachel and Kaitlyn." I missed them especially this morning when we were feeding calves. Five new calves were born since last night. Trevor was not content to stay in his stroller, so I let him get down. That was a mistake, because one of the first things he got into was calf poop. YUCK. I realized that I usually have someone around to grab him before he gets into things like that. Kyle was milking, and Hannah has a hard time stopping Trevor. Anyway, we got him washed up, and I got him interested in something else. I got back in the pen to feed one of the five new calves and Hannah said she needed to go to the bathroom. She can't open the door to the house so I had to get back out of the pen and open the door for her. This is another one of those things that Rachel and Kaitlyn do numerous times a day. I think I will spend some time teaching Hannah to open the door. Well, I was then able to get a couple more calves fed before Trevor found the poop again. When we finally finished feeding the new calves, we went to feed the calves behind the commodity shed. I thought Trevor would be fine just following me back there as I just had to pour milk into these 11 calves buckets (yes Rachel and Kaitlyn I taught the rest of those to drink out of buckets). I was wrong, this is close to where the barn water and wet manure drain, and of course that is where Trevor headed first. I had to have Kyle come hold onto Trevor kicking and screaming while I finished. So Girls I will admit that I might have taken for granted some of the things you do around here. Even if it sometimes seems like all you are doing is pushing Trevor around in the stroller while I feed the calves. That is actually helping a lot more than I might have realized.

I also miss my dishwasher emptier (Kaitlyn) and my bathroom cleaner (Rachel). Although I am noticing that we have not been having to run the dishwasher as often, and there must be only half the laundry to do.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I miss Rachel and Kaitlyn too!

Gwen said...

Tell Hannah that she can come stay with Lydia sometime...we would LOVE that!!!!

Katie and Eric said...

I am sure you do miss them, but it sounds like they are having a great time.