Monday, September 10, 2007

Kyle's Baptism September 1, 2007

Kyle was baptized Saturday, September 1st. We had a lovely day. The program was perfect with Brandon Andersen giving a talk on baptism and Brandon Muir giving a talk on the Holy Ghost. Robbie played the piano and Caroline lead the music. We sang "I am a Child of God,: and "Teach e to walk in the Light." For the musical number Rachel, Joelle, and Abbey sang, "When I am Baptized." Kyle's Grandpa's gave the prayers. Kyle was very happy for this day, and I hope he felt the spirit there as he was baptized and confirmed by his dad. I know I felt it. Thanks to all who came to share this special day with us. Kyle was confident that we needed refreshments after his baptism. I told him that we would be coming right home to eat a big lunch, but he said there would be people there who would not be coming back to the house to eat, and they deserved a treat for coming. So I bought some cookies and Recess Peanut Butter Cups from Sam's Club and put Kyle's book and some pictures of Kyle on a table with the refreshments. They were a hit, so I guess it was a good idea after all.

Kyle and Brandon just before we left to go to the baptism.

Dad and Kyle dressed in white and waiting.
Trevor fell asleep on the way to the Stake Center, so Grandma held him until he woke up during the confirmation.
Kyle with his mom and dad on his special day.

No comments: