Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Forgotten Carols - Tuesday November 27, 2007

We love the Forgotten Carols! My mom gave us tickets for Garrick and I and Rachel, Kyle, and Kaitlyn to watch Micheal McLean's Forgotten Carols Logan Performance. We each had our favorite songs, and now we love to listen to the CD over and over.
Garrick's favorite song is "The Inn Keeper - Let Him In"
My Favorite is "The Shepherd- You Were Not There" (See Rachel's Talk on next Blog)
Rachel loves "Joseph- I Was Not His Father, He Was Mine"
Kyle likes "I Cannot Find My Way- Three Kings"
Kaitlyn's top pick is "Mary Let Me Hold Her Baby"
I was surprised at how well the kids followed the story and caught the many lessons of the night. THere were several things I needed to explain further, but it sure did bring home the true meaning of Christmas. It reminded me of how much we all love to feel the Spirit. And we as parents should try to help put our children in places where they will feel the spirit. I'm not saying that we have to buy a ticket for the whole family to watch a musical. In fact the best place for them to feel the SPirit should be in our own homes. But one thing I feel like my parents were (and still are) so good at is making sure we were at firesides and meetings and even performances where we would most likely feel the spirit. I hope I can follow their example. Thanks again mom for the experience.

No comments: