Monday, September 04, 2006

Freezer Corn

It wasn't as hard as I was expecting. Today I did about 60 cups of freezer corn. Most of the corn was from our own garden. I didn't want to do it, but I was feeling some pressure from some neighbors who don't even know it is possible for someone not to even know how to do freezer corn. Don't worry, I didn't tell them. I just called my friend Wyndee to find out how to do it. My kids picked the corn and shucked it. I cut it off the cob, cooked it, put it in bags, cooled it down, and stuck it in the freezer. If I wouldn't have had to stop several times to feed and hold TRevor, I think we could have done it in a couple of hours. SO I think that is something I could handle doing each year. I don't think I can do Salsa by myself though. Katie did it, and Garrick thinks I should be able to, but I don't want to try. NOt this year at least. I hope I can come to Declo and do it, that would be much more fun.

No comments: