Saturday, September 02, 2006

Kid Rodeo


Last night we had a little Rodeo with a bunch of our friends. We cooked hotdogs and hamburgers for the dinner. We brought some calves, the Whittiers brought their sheep, and the Smiths and the Wards brought horses and ponies. I was really impressed with Kyle's sheep ride. I did give him a few tips before he rode (for those of you that don't know, I was a pretty good sheep rider many years ago). Anyway, if we had been giving out prizes Kyle would have won 1st place hands down. We tryed to get a picture, but it didn't turn out. THere is a picture of him just after he finally fell off. Anyway he rode way out past the middle of the arena, and in the end he was just holding on around it's neck. The sheep did step on his hand, and he had no desire to ride again, but it was an awsome ride!

Anyway, it was fun for the girls to ride the ponies, and it really makes me want to get a horse the kids can ride. There is this little pony of our neighbor's, but it likes to buck. If we ride it enough it might get tired of bucking- I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Katie and Eric said...

It is things like this that make me really miss living in Idaho and Utah. How fun! I hope that my kids get to ride sheep and horses at some point. You guys have a great life.