Monday, September 04, 2006

Rachel bore her testimony.


Rachel bore her testimony in Fast and Testimony Meeting yesterday. She was so scared,but she did a great job. She said she felt really good and peaceful when she got done. Kaitlyn thought she wanted to bare her testimony too. But when she got up there and saw all the people she was too scared. I bore my testimony for the first time in this ward (we've lived here almost a year). I was thinking about how much I loved to hear my mom and dad's testimonies when I was a little girl, so I was glad Kaitlyn "tricked" me into getting up there.

Rachel had an activity day on Thursday. Parents were invited, each girl had to tell a story about one of her ancestors. Rachel told about Grandpa Garrick. SHe was one of the only girls that got up ther without her mom or dad and just told the story from memory. I was so proud. But this experience also remindid me that RAchel is not normal. MOst kids do get scared when they have to speak in front of people. I sometimes get frustrated with Kaitlyn and Kyle becasue they can tell their talk to us at home perfectly over and over, but when we get to church and stand in front of the primary, they suddenly forget the whole thing. THat has never happened to Rachel, she does best when she has a big audience.

No comments: